I accomplished one of my life long goals this past week and I finally went to Niagara Falls. The sight was truly magnificent. All the photos I’ve seen, regardless of how beautifully shot, don’t do it justice. You just have to be there to experience it. Speaking of photos, as you’ve probably noticed this week, my articles are photography related. Thanks to my new camera. Yes, I’m in love.
- New Camera – After months of searching and researching, I finally bought the perfect DSLR camera for me. Nikon D90. As of today, 2100 shots taken in the two weeks I’ve had it.
- Photosynth – Photosynth is a revolutionary photo viewing technology. I waited a month after its launch to write this review. Their site is more stable now, also the high res photos taken with my new camera help to showcase Photosynth’s powerful viewer.
Blogs From Elsewhere
- Making Money Twice – While this idea doesn’t apply to all the business out there, it certainly has a lot of merits. Guys at 37signals talk about profit from repackaging content. That’s why I’m a fan of their writings. They’re brutally honest in an unapologetic way.
- Useful Cheat Sheets for Web Designers – A great list.
- Be My Editor – The Results Are In – This is a new blog I discovered recently during my search for a new camera. While it’s mostly about photography and advertising, Chase Jarvis has a lot of good original content on his site that applies to designers in other fields.
- Airport Signage: Photo inspiration – I’ve always loved typography and signs in the airport. Mostly because they transcend the language and cultural barrier.
- Internet will run out of IP by 2010 – From the “father of the internet” himself. Moore’s law applies to internet growth too I suppose!
- thefabulous9mm – An amazing photographer from Mexico. He/She does some fantastic work with color saturation.
- LaraJade – Only 19yrs old, her photography portfolio is impressive. I’m a big fan of her B&W portrait shots.